Fourth place Tottenham host third bottom Fulham on Wednesday, with the home side expected to take all three points in the must win affair.
Spurs are only four points adrift of leaders Liverpool with a game in hand, and are gigantic favourites to leave Hotspur Stadium with a vital victory. Here’s some of the more telling numbers as Fulham take the short trip north to Tottenham tomorrow.
- Tottenham have won eight of their last nine matches against Fulham in all competitions, including five of six in the Premier League
- Tottenham have scored at least two goals in eight of the their last nine matches against the West London side
- Spurs enjoy a strong scoring record of late at home, scoring at least twice in five of their last six matches at the Tottenham Hotspur Stadium
- Tottenham have the joint fourth best home record in the top flight, taking 14 points from a possible 24. That return isn’t exactly emphatic, but Spurs have been better at home of late, winning four of their last five
- Tottenham enjoy the joint second best defensive home record, conceding eight goals in as many matches
- Son Heung-Min, with 12 tallies, is just a goal behind Mo Salah for top honour in the top flight, while Harry Kane leads the league in assists with 11, three ahead of his nearest rival (Kevin De Bruyne)
- Fulham have drawn their last four top flight matches
- Currently sit in a relegation spot, three points from safety
- They haven’t won since Nov. 30, when they unexpectedly beat Leicester 2-0 at King Power Stadium
- With five points from a possible 21, Fulham have the third worst away record in the top flight
- Conceded only 11 goals on their travels, the same amount as Manchester United and two less than Liverpool
- Have the fourth most anemic attack on their travels, scoring only seven goals in as many matches
- Haven’t lost since Dec. 5, when Fulham fell 2-0 to Man. City at the Etihad
- Haven’t played in almost three weeks due to a Covid-19 outbreak within the camp. Their last match was a 0-0 draw with Southampton on Boxing Day