Spurs list of walking wounded going into the North London derby has slightly decreased, but Toby Alderweireld and Victor Wanyama are ruled out indefinitely.
There are fears circulating that Alderweireld will be out of the lineup through Christmas. His severely pulled hamstring is worse than first thought, Mauricio Pochettino confirmed. His absence leaves a massive void down the spine of the team, but Pochettino is lucky enough to have Eric Dier’s versatility at his disposal.
More from Match Previews
- Carabao Cup preview: Who should Tottenham start against Fulham?
- Tottenham projected starting 11 for opener at Brentford
- Premier League Preview: Tottenham faces Everton with Stellini in charge
- Premier League Preview: Tottenham face banana skin at Southampton
- Tottenham projected XI to face Sheffield United in FA Cup
A negligible difference between his ability as part of the back three or in a defensive central midfield role, Dier continues to prove his invaluable worth for club and country. His adaptability puts him in contention as Tottenham’s most important player.
Here’s Tottenham’s probable starting 11 for tomorrow’s all-anticipated derby.