The Tottenham ‘V’ Team quiz – Spurs players past and present whose surnames begin with the letter ‘V’.
This week’s quiz will be slightly different. We move on from the Spurs ‘T’ team to the letter ‘V’ as there are only two players who had a surname beginning with the letter ‘U’ – Solomon Upton, a winger, who made 2 appearances in 1912 and 50 years later Dennis Uphill a midfield player who played 6 league games and scored twice.
Spurs ‘V’ Team
There are only 7 players whose surnames begin with the letter ‘V’ who have played in competitive matches for the Tottenham first team. All have played since 1965 and it makes for a very competitive and entertaining team.
There will be a question about each of the 7 senior players and the answers can be found on the link at the question. The players will be listed as defenders or midfield players.
You get one point for answering each question correctly.
Enjoy the quiz.
Tottenham Quiz – The Spurs ‘V’ Team
1. No initials to help you in this quiz. Name the 7 senior players whose surnames begin with the letter ‘V’ (7 points)
2. There is no goalkeeper with senior experience so to select the Tottenham 8-a-side team your option is to name a current or a former Spurs Academy goalkeeper with a surname beginning with the letter ‘V’. (1 point for each) Answer Answer
3. CD Which club did this Worthington Cup winning defender join on loan while with Tottenham? (1 point) Answer
4. CD Against which team did this international defender score his first goal for Spurs last season? (1 point) Answer
5. LB What is the very apt title of this defender’s autobiography? ( 1 point) Answer
6. M The newest recruit to the ‘V’ team – which country has he represented at Under-17 and Under-19 level? (1 point) Answer
7. M The first member of the Spurs ‘V’ team, against which team was he sent off in a London derby? (1 point) Answer
8. M Against which team did this World Cup winning midfield player score a hat-trick for Spurs? (1 point) Answer
9. M He made a great impression in two season at White Hart Lane, from which club did Tottenham sign him? (1 point) Answer
The answers can be found at the links in the question.
How did you get on?
Last Week’s Quiz:
Tottenham ‘T’ Team: More questions