The Tottenham ‘R’ Team quiz – Spurs players past and present whose surnames begin with the letter ‘R’. You will find some legendary Tottenham players alongside some less well-known players from Tottenham’s past.
I will give you the initials of 11 Tottenham players whose surnames begin with the letter ‘R’. There will be a question about each of the players and the answers can be found on the link at the question.
You get one point for the player’s name and 1 for answering each question correctly.
Enjoy the quiz.
Tottenham Quiz – The Spurs ‘R’ Team
GK: P R
1. Against which team did this goalkeeper make his Tottenham debut? (1 point) Answer
RB: A R
2. From which team did Tottenham sign this right back? (1 point) Answer
CD: A R
3. A footballing centre-half in the true Spurs traditions, how many times did he play for England? (1 point) Answer
CD: D R
4. This central defender scored on his debut but what was the final score in that game? (1 point) Answer
LB: D R
5. From which League club did this player come into the Tottenham Academy? (1 point) Answer
RM: J R
6. This winger scored a Cup Final goal for Spurs but for what other reason does he hold a place in Tottenham’s history? (1 point) AnswerCM: G R
7. This international defender/midfield player, once took over in goal for Spurs when the goalkeeper was injured. Against which team did he do that and how many goals did he concede? (1 point) Answer
CM: R R
8. On leaving Tottenham this young player later appeared against Spurs in a Europa League game at White Hart Lane. For which team did he play? (1 point) Answer
9. This left winger played for Spurs in the 1st Division as an amateur in the 1950s before signing as a professional. What was his career outside football? (1 point) Answer
S: R R
10. This player is remembered for a stunning hat-trick but he also scored on his Tottenham debut. Against which team did he make his debut? (1 point) Answer
S: S R
11. Against which team did this international score his first goals for Tottenham, getting two on the night? (1 point) Answer
Subs: Ron Reynolds, Neil Ruddock, John Ryden, Jamie Redknapp, Andy Reid, Wayne Routledge, Grzegorz Rasiak
The answers can be found at the links in the question.
How did you get on?
Try Another HotspurHQ Quiz:
Tottenham Quiz – The P-Team: More questions
Tottenham Quiz – The G-Team: More questions
Tottenham Quiz – The D-Team: More questions