The Tottenham ‘P’ Team quiz – Spurs players whose surnames begin with the letter ‘P’. You will be able to name immediately some legendary Tottenham players who will appear in this team list.
I will give you the initials of 11 Tottenham players, from times past, whose surnames begin with the letter ‘P’. There will be a question about each of the players and the answers can be found on the link at the question. I hope you enjoy the trip down Memory Lane.
You get one point for the player’s name and 1 for answering each question correctly.
Tottenham Quiz – The Spurs ‘P’ Team
GK: T P
1. He saved 2 penalties in the UEFA Cup Final of 1984. What was the surname of the player who took that last penalty for Anderlecht and what was his connection with Spurs in the future? (1 point) Answer
RB: C P
2. A Spurs player who became a long-serving member of the Tottenham backroom staff, what claim to fame does this right back have from a game played in 1928? (1 point) Answer
CD: C P
3. This central defender scored a goal for Spurs in a European game. Against which side did he score? (1 point) Answer
CD: S P
4. Against which team did this player score two goals in the semi-final of a European competition? (1 point) Answer
LB: N P
5. This left back scored 1 League goal for Spurs during his time at White Hart Lane. Against which club did he score that goal? (1 point) Answer
RM: D P
6. A young player who made a scoring debut for Tottenham in the mid-1960s. Against which team did he make that first appearance? (1 point) Answer
CM: J P
7. This hard-working central midfield player made his Tottenham debut and scored his first Spurs goal against the same team at the same ground. Which team was that against and on which ground? (1 point) Answer
CM: W P
8. Against which team did this midfield player score his only Tottenham goal? (1 point) Answer
CM: M P
9. A Tottenham captain, he scored 4 goals in a memorable away win against which team? (1 point) Answer
LM: J P
10. This young player played in a Wembley final for Spurs. Against which team did he play? (1 point) Answer
S: R P
11. Against which team did this striker score his final Tottenham goal? (1 point) Answer
Subs: Gica Popescu, Paul Price, Paulinho, Scott Parker, Gus Poyet, Helder Postiga
The answers can be found at the links in the question.
How did you get on?
Try Another HotspurHQ Quiz:
Tottenham Quiz – The M-Team: More questions
Tottenham Quiz – Jermain Defoe: More questions