This Tottenham quiz is a team with players whose surnames begin with the letters ‘Mc’, ‘N’ or ‘O’. A shortage of players dictates that it is a combined team.
I will give you the initials of 10 Tottenham players, past and present, whose surnames begin with the letter ‘Mc’, ‘N’ or ‘O’. There will be a question about each of the players and the answers can be found on the link at the question. As there was only one goalkeeper who played in the 1930s I will start the team off by naming him
You get one point for the player’s name and 1 for answering each question correctly.
Tottenham Quiz – The Spurs ‘Mc’/’N’/’O’ Team
GK: J N
Joe Nicholls – was with Spurs for ten seasons from 1926 and made 124 League appearances in that time. After a long apprenticeship, he took over in goal for the 1932-33 season when Spurs won promotion and he was an ever present the following year as Spurs finished 3rd in the 1st Division.
RB: K N
1. At which club did this current full back spend a season on loan after joining Tottenham? (1 point) Answer
CD: M N
2. Against which team did this central defender break his leg which brought his career to a premature end? (1 point) Answer
CD: D McA
3. Against which team did this defender score in a League Cup semi-final but it wasn’t enough to take Spurs into the Final? (1 point) Answer
LB: T N
4. Against which team did this defender score a goal in a League Cup semi-final? (1 point) Answer
RM: C McG
5. Against which London team did this young player make his Tottenham debut? (1 point) Answer
CM: N McN
6. From which team did Tottenham sign this midfield player as a teenager? (1 point) Answer
CM: W N
7. This legendary Tottenham player scored on his only appearance for England. Against which country did he receive international recognition? (1 point) Answer
CM: A N
8. Which player supplied the cross to set up this midfield player’s Cup winning goal at Wembley? (1 point) Answer
LM: J N
9. This young winger made his Spurs debut in a League Cup semi-final. What funny incident, involving the player, is remembered from that game. (1 point) Answer
S: S McC
10. This centre-forward played for Tottenham in the 1950s. A player who would come into the team when first choice players were absent, he did score a hat-trick as Spurs scored 9 goals in an FA Cup win against a lower league team in 1953. Against which team did he score his three goals? (1 point) Answer
Subs: Nayim, Noureddine Naybet, Keith Osgood, Jonathan Obilka, Paul McVeigh, Dave McEwan, Jamie O’Hara
The answers can be found at the links in the question.
How did you get on?
Are you a Tottenham Cockerel or a Chirpy on Spurs Mc/N/O -Team?
10 – 20 points: Tottenham Cockerel
1 – 9: Chirpy