The Tottenham ‘M’ Team quiz – players whose surnames begin with the letter ‘M’. You will be able to name immediately some legendary Tottenham players who will appear in this team list.I will give you the initials of 11 Tottenham players, past and present, whose surnames begin with the letter ‘M’. There will be a question about each of the players and the answers can be found on the link at the question. Some players appear in unfamiliar positions. I hope you enjoy the trip down Memory Lane.
You get one point for the player’s name and 1 for answering each question correctly.
Tottenham Quiz – The Spurs ‘M’ Team
GK: B M
1. From which club did Tottenham sign this goalkeeper? (1 point) Answer
RB: M M
2. This defender made his Tottenham debut as a late substitute and scored the winning goal. Against which club did he score? (1 point) Answer
CD: G M
3. From which club did Tottenham sign this loyal, legendary player? (1 point) Answer
CD: P M
4. This central defender played 23 games for Spurs in European competitions and scored 2 goals. Against which team did he score his last European goal? (1 point) Answer
LB: T M
5. Which Italian club did this player join on leaving Tottenham in the mid-1950s? (1 point) Answer
RM: T M
6. This Welsh international winger was signed in April, 1956. What was the transfer fee that Spurs paid? (1 point) Answer
CM: A M
7. What unenviable record does this Tottenham midfield player have from playing for England? (1 point) Answer
CM: D M
8. This legendary player scored 2 goals in the successful European Cup Winners’ Cup run in 1962-63. Against which team did he score his first goal in that competition? (1 point) Answer
CM: P M
9. Which Tottenham manager signed this international midfield player? (1 point) Answer
LM: L M
10. Against which team did this player score his last goal for Spurs? (1 point) Answer
11. Against which team did this striker scored two goals on his Tottenham debut? (1 point) Answer
Subs: Jonathan Miles, Steed Malbranque, Danny Murphy, Les Medley, Roger Morgan, Johnny Metgod, Dean Marney, Ian Moores
The answers can be found at the links in the question.
How did you get on?
Are you a Tottenham Cockerel or a Chirpy on Spurs M-Team?
10 – 22 points: Tottenham Cockerel
1 – 9: Chirpy