A team of 11 Tottenham players, past and present, whose surnames begin with the letter ‘L’. With a limited number of players to select from, some players will not be in their regular positions in a team set out in a traditional 2-3-5 formation.
You get one point for the player’s name and 1 for answering each question correctly.
The answers can be found on the link at the question. I hope you enjoy the trip down Memory Lane.
Tottenham Quiz – The Spurs ‘L’ Team
GK: H L
1. Against which team did this goalkeeper make his Tottenham debut? (1 point) Answer
R B: C L
2. Signed as a striker but also appeared at full back. From which team did Spurs sign him? (1 point) Answer
L B: Y-P L
3. A left-back signed from a club in Holland, which Tottenham manager signed him in the summer of 2005? (1 point) Answer
R H: R L
4. What is this midfield player’s claim to Tottenham fame? (1 point) Answer
C D: J L
5. Which club did this central defender join on leaving Tottenham? (1 point) Answer
L H: J L
6. This young midfield player scored for Tottenham at Wembley. Against which team did he score that goal? (1 point) Answer
R M: A L
7. This winger has scored more than one goal in a match on only one occasion for Spurs. Against which team did he score twice? (1 point) Answer
I R: M L
8. This young midfield player made only one appearance for Tottenham, as a substitute. What brought him disappointment in that game? (1 point) Answer
C F: G L
10. Against which team did this international striker score 9 League and Cup goals for Spurs including a hat-trick? (1 point) Answer
I L: O L
10. Against which London team did this midfield player make his Tottenham debut on the opening day of the 1999 season? (1 point) Answer
L M: E L
11. Against which team did this player score his first Tottenham goal? (1 point) Answer
Subs: Terry Lee (goalkeeper), Bert Lyons (full-back), Harry Lowe (half-back), George Ludford (half-back), Dave Leworthy (striker)
The answers can be found at the links in the question.
How did you get on?
Are you a Tottenham Cockerel or a Chirpy on Spurs ‘L’-Team?
10 – 22 points: Tottenham Cockerel
1 – 9: Chirpy