Only 5 players whose surnames begin with the letter ‘I’ have played for Tottenham. Two will be well known but the other three made only a small number of appearances for Spurs, although one will be remembered. There are more players with the letter ‘J’ but insufficient to make a full team so I’ve combined both groups for this week’s quiz on the Spurs I/J Team.
The Tottenham ‘I/J’ Team quiz – players whose surnames begin with the letters ‘I’ or ‘J’. Identify the eleven players and answer a question about each one.
The Tottenham ‘I/J’ Team quiz – players whose surnames begin with the letters ‘I’ or ‘J’. I will give you the initials of 11 Tottenham players, past and present, whose surnames begin with either of those letters. There will be a question about each of the players and most of the answers can be found on the link at the question. The answers will also be posted in the comments box at the end of the quiz. I hope you enjoy the trip down Memory Lane.
You get one point for the player’s name and 1 for answering each question correctly.
Tottenham Quiz – The Spurs ‘I/J’ Team
There is a dearth of defenders so the team is selected in the old 2-3-5 formation of the 1950s and 60s with the centre half more accustomed to playing at left half.
GK: P J
1. At which Irish club did this international start his career? (1 point) Answer
RB: P I
2. A young full back who made his Tottenham debut on the opening day of the 2004 season. Which club was it against? (1 point) Answer
LB: J J
3. Which London club does this former Spurs midfield player now play for? (1 point)
RH: D J
4. Signed from Arsenal which player moved to Highbury as part of the deal? (1 point) Answer
CH: J J
5. Played in Spurs non-league days and captained the club to it’s first senior honour. Which competition did Spurs’ win in May, 1900? (1 point) Answer
LH: J I
6. Played for Spurs at the end of the 1950s but which club did he sign for on leaving Tottenham? (1 point) Answer
RW: N J
7. Against which club did he score his first goal for Tottenham? (1 point) Answer
IR: J J
8. During his time with Spurs this midfield player went on loan to which Premier League club? (1 point) Answer
CF: S I
9. This international striker scored a hat-trick for Spurs against which north-east club? (1 point) Answer
IL: C J
10. The striker came through the Spurs youth system and scored an FA Cup hat-trick for Spurs. Which club was it against? (1 point) Answer
LW: C J
11. Against which club did he score a hat-trick in Tottenham’s European Cup campaign? (1 point) Answer
The answers can be found at the links in the question and they will also be put in the first comment box after the quiz.
How did you get on?
Are you a Tottenham Cockerel or a Chirpy on Spurs ‘I/J’-Team?
10 – 22 points: Tottenham Cockerel
1 – 9: Chirpy