I will give you the initials of 11 Tottenham players, past and present, whose surnames begin with the letter ‘H’. There will be a question about each of the players and the answers can be found on the link at the question. The answers will also be posted in the comments box at the end of the quiz. I hope you enjoy the trip down Memory Lane.
You get one point for the player’s name and 1 for answering each question correctly.
Tottenham Quiz – The Spurs ‘H’ Team
GK: J H
1. The reserve goalkeeper at the start of the 1960s. How many League appearances did he make in the 1960-61 ‘Double’ season? (1 point) Answer
RB: C H
2. Which club did this full back join on leaving Tottenham? (1 point) Answer
CD: J H
3. Which country did this defender represent at full international level? (1 point) Answer
CD: R H
4. A member of the ‘Double’ team, he made his debut in central defence but played the rest of his career at left back. He scored only 1 goal for Spurs. Which team did he score against? (1 point) Answer
LB: M H
5. An international defender which country did he represent? (1 point) Answer
RM: T H
6. Played in the 1950s, a fans favourite at Spurs, how many goals did he score in Bill Nicholson’s first game as Tottenham manager? (1 point) Answer
CM: G H
7. Which manager gave this Spurs ‘legend’ his debut as a substitute? (1 point) Answer
CM: L H
8. Against which club did this current midfield player make his first start for Tottenham last season? (1 point) Answer
LM: M H
9. This midfielder scored the only goal in the two-legged semi-final tie of the League Cup. Which club did Spurs defeat to reach Wembley? (1 point) Answer
S: G H
10. A centre-forward from the 1930s, what position does he hold on Tottenham’s all-time goalscoring record? [5th/6th or 7th] (1 point) Answer
S: T H
11. Another 1930s striker, he held the Tottenham record for League goals scored in a season until it was equalled in the late 1950s. Which player matched his tally? (1 point) Answer [The record has since been broken]
Subs: Ken Hancock, Alan Hutton, Roger Hoy, Danny Hill, David Howells, Steve Hodge, Willie Hall, Scott Houghton
The answers can be found at the links in the question and they will also be put in the first comment box after the quiz.
How did you get on?
Are you a Tottenham Cockerel or a Chirpy on Spurs ‘H’-Team?
10 – 22 points: Tottenham Cockerel
1 – 9: Chirpy