Ten questions with the answers available at the links after the question. They will also be added to the comments box at the end of the blog later on.
Tottenham Quiz: Spurs In The 3rd Round of the FA Cup
1. Spurs and Arsenal have met in the 3rd Round of the Cup on two previous occasions. Who scored Tottenham’s winning goal in January, 1982? (1 point) Answer
2. Which team did Spurs beat in last season’s 3rd Round tie and who scored two goals? (2 points) Answer
3. In January, 1967 which team did Spurs defeat in a 3rd Round replay as they set out to win the trophy for a fifth time and who scored the only goal of the tie? (2 points) Answer
4. Who scored the only goal of the 3rd Round tie against Blackpool in 1991? (1 point) Answer
5. Andros Townsend scored his first Tottenham goal in a 3rd Round game at White Hart Lane. Which club was it against? (1 point) Answer
6. Played on a Friday night, Spurs defeated Wigan. Who scored two of the Spurs goals that evening? (1 point) Answer
7. Two young strikers made their FA Cup debut for Spurs at Old Trafford in the 3rd Round in January, 1997. Rory Allen was one, who was the other? (1 point) Answer
8. Spurs only FA Cup penalty shoot-out win came in a 3rd Round replay. Which team did they knock out on penalties? (1 point) Answer
9. In 1978-79 Altrincham held Spurs to a draw at White Hart Lane. Who scored a hat-trick in the replay to take Spurs into the 4th Round? (1 point) Answer
10. Which former Arsenal star of the 1930s was manager of Tottenham when they lost to Arsenal in the first FA Cup game between the two clubs in the 3rd Round in January, 1949? (1 point) Answer
The answers can be found at the links in the question and they will also be put in the first comment box after the quiz.
How did you get on?
Are you a Tottenham Cockerel or a Chirpy
7 – 12 points: Tottenham Cockerel
1 – 6: Chirpy
Try Another Quiz:
Tottenham Mastermind Quiz: Read more