The quiz is questions about a Tottenham team composed of current and past players whose surnames begin with the letter ‘C’. There are many players to choose from and you have task of identifying the players from their initials and answering a question related to them. In this quiz you have to identify 11 Tottenham players from their initials and answer a question related to the player. You get one point for identifying the player and 1 for answering the question.
As always the answers can be found at links to the question but the answers will appear in the comments box at the end of the quiz. The questions are set out in a 4-4-2 formation.
Tottenham Quiz – The Spurs ‘C’ Team
1. R C: Against which club did this goalkeeper make his debut in the FA Charity Shield? Answer
2. T C: This 1920s player made over 500 appearances for Spurs. All but one were at right back. What position did he play against Sunderland in 1921? Answer
5. S C: This central defender made a scoring debut as a substitute. Which team was it against? Answer
6. P C: Which defender missed the 1971 League Cup Final through injury, giving this player his opportunity? Answer
3. S C: This player made his debut as a 17 year old in 1993. Which manager gave him his chance? Answer
7. A C: This was Bill Nicholson’s last signing who made his debut against which club in a League Cup tie? Answer
4. M C: Which manager recognised this player’s ability at Spurs and put him straight into the team? Answer
8. T C: Which League One club did this young player join on loan? Answer
11. R C: What was the fee Spurs paid Burnley for this winger? Answer
9. M C: Signed from Southampton, which player moved in the other direction as part of the deal? Answer
10. G C: How many goals did this striker score in the FA Cup semi-finals and Finals in 1981 and 1982? Answer
Subs: Cudicini, Chimbonda, Harry Clarke, Chiedozie, Claesen, Crouch
The answers can be found at the links in the question and they will also be put in the first comment box after the quiz.
How did you get on?
Are you a Peter Crouch or a Jason Cundy on Spurs ‘B’-Team?
16 – 22 points: Peter Crouch
11 – 15: Vedran Corluka
5 – 10: Colin Calderwood
1 – 4: Jason Cundy