Tottenham play Newcastle United on Sunday in their next Premier League game. Although the two clubs are over 270 miles apart, at opposite ends of the country, there are many things which link the them.In this quiz there are 10 questions about the connections between Spurs and Newcastle – players, matches and managers.
As always some of the answers can be found at links to the question while all of the answers will appear in the comments box at the end of the quiz.
Tottenham Quiz – Spurs and Newcastle United
1. Who scored the first goal in Spurs 5 – 1 win over Newcastle in February, 2012? (1 point) Answer
2. What was the result of last season’s corresponding fixture and who scored the Spurs goals? (2 points) Answer
3. Paul Gascoigne joined Spurs from Newcastle in the summer of 1988. Against which team did he make his Spurs debut? (1 point) Answer
4. Who are the two Tottenham defenders have managed Newcastle? (2 points) Answer
5. Tottenham defeated Newcastle in the League Cup semi-final (1st leg) tie at White Hart Lane in 1975-76. Who scored the Spurs goal? (1 point) Answer
6. David Ginola joined Tottenham from Newcastle in the summer of 1997. Which other player made the same move that summer? (1 point) Answer
7. Ossie Ardiles’ first game as Tottenham manager was against Newcastle, a club he had managed previously. Spurs won but who scored the only goal of the game? (1 point) Answer
8. In 1960-61 Spurs defeated Newcastle at St James Park. Which defender scored Spurs first goal? (1 point) Answer
9. Which club did former Newcastle winger, Chris Waddle join on leaving Tottenham? (1 point) Answer
10. How many goals did Paul Gascoigne score in the 1991 FA Cup run? (1 point) Answer
Some of the answers can be found at the links in the question and they will also be put in the first comment box after the quiz.
How did you get on?
Are you a David Ginola or a Kevin Scott on Spurs’ Newcastle Links?
9 – 12 points: David Ginola
4 – 8: Ruel Fox
1 – 4: Kevin Scott