Today’s Tottenham quiz is about a team composed of 11 players plus subs whose surnames all begin with the letter ‘A’ – the Spurs ‘A’-Team.In this quiz you have to identify 10 Tottenham players from their initials and answer a question related to the player. There are 10 players and 10 questions and you get one point for identifying the player and 1 for answering the question. I have given you the name of one player in the team as he relates back to the 1920s.
As always some of the answers can be found at links to the question while all of the answers will appear in the comments box at the end of the quiz. The questions are numbered in a 4-3-3 team formation
Tottenham Quiz – The Spurs ‘A’-Team
1. M A: Which club did Spurs sign this goalkeeper in the late 1970s?
2. D A: Tottenham signed this full back and another one from which club in the 1990s? Answer
5. G A: This striker also played a few games for Spurs in central defence. Which club did he join on leaving Spurs? Answer
6. James Archibald: a half-back who made 25 appearances for Spurs from 1919 to 1922.
3. B A-E: this full back is French born but which country does he represent in internationals? Answer
7. P A: This player scored on his Tottenham debut on the opening day of 1985-85 season. Which team was it against? Answer
4. O A: This player became a Tottenham manager. Which team did Spurs play in his first game in charge? Answer
11. D A: From which club did Spurs sign this winger? Answer
8. S A: On leaving Tottenham which club did he join? Answer
9. C A: How many goals did he score in season 1986-87 to set a new Tottenham record? Answer
10. L A: this striker left Spurs for another London club which he later managed. Which club did he sign for in 1965? Answer
Subs: Alnwick, Atouba, Chris Armstrong, Adebayor, Acimovic
Some of the answers can be found at the links in the question and they will also be put in the first comment box after the quiz.
How did you get on?
Are you an Irving Scholar or a Jacques Santini on Spurs ‘A’-Team?
15 – 20 points: Irving Scholar
11 – 14: Martin Jol
5 – 10: Harry Redknapp
1 – 4: Jacques Santini