With Tottenham playing FC Sheriff in the Europa League this evening, today’s quiz is about the !984 UEFA Cup campaign, the last time Spurs won this competition.
There are ten questions to test your knowledge on Spurs in the 1984 UEFA Cup competition. As always, some of the answers can be found at links to the question but all of the answers will appear later in the comments box at the end of the quiz.
Tottenham Quiz: Spurs in the 1984 UEFA Cup
In 1983-84 Tottenham won the UEFA Cup for the second time. It was a triumphant finale for manager, Keith Burkinshaw, who was stepping after that game.
1. Who was captain of Tottenham in the 2nd leg match of the Final at White Hart Lane? (1 point) Answer
2. In the first Round which Irish ‘United’ did Spurs defeat in the 1st Round? (1 point) Answer
3. Which German team did Spurs defeat in the 3rd Round? (1 point) Answer
4. Who did Spurs play in the semi-finals and who scored the goal in the 2nd leg at white Hart Lane? (2 points) Answer
5. Which defender scored Spurs’ goal in the 1st leg of the Final as Spurs earned a 1 – 1 draw? (1 point) Answer
6. Which Tottenham player was booked in the 1st leg of the Final and so was suspended for the return game? (1 point) Answer
7. A young Scottish player came on as a substitute for Spurs in the 2nd leg of the Final at White Hart Lane? (1 point) Answer
8. Whose shot hit the bar in the build up to the equalising goal? (1 point) Answer
9. How many penalties did Tony Parks save? (1 point) Answer
10. Spurs won on penalties. Who scored the four penalties to secure victory? (4 points) Answer
Watch the UEFA Cup Final Highlights
All of the answers can be found at the links in the question and they will also be put in the first comment box after the quiz.
How did you get on?
Are you a Keith Burkinshaw or a Christian Gross on Spurs in the 1984 UEFA Cup?
10 – 14 points: Keith Burkinshaw (UEFA Cup winning manager)
5 – 9: Martin Jol (Took Spurs back into Europa)
1 – 4: Christian Gross (A quick return ticket to Europe)