Tottenham play West Ham on Sunday at White Hart Lane, the 4th London derby of the season. Today’s questions are about the connections between the two clubs – matches played and players who played for both clubs.
Ten questions to test your knowledge of Tottenham’s matches against West Ham and as always some of the answers can be found at the link to the question but all the answers will be in the comments box at the end of the article.
The Tottenham Quiz – Spurs v West Ham
1. Who scored the first goal against West Ham at White Hart Lane last season? (1 point) Answer
2. Many players have played for both Spurs and West Ham. Can you identify these five players from their initials?
(i) PA (ii) MP (iii) JN (iv) NR (v) ME (5 points)
3. When Spurs won 4 – 3 at West Ham in March, 2007 with two late goals after being two down at half-time, who scored Spurs’ third goal directly from a free-kick and who got the late, late winner? (2 points)
4. Spurs won at West Ham in a Monday evening match last season. In a televised game on a Monday evening in 2008 Spurs won 2 – 0. Which defender scored Spurs’ first goal? (1 point) Answer
5. Spurs lost the first ever match they played in the League Cup at West Ham in 1966. Which Spurs player was sent off that night? (1 point) Answer
6. Which player scored on his debut against West Ham, coming on as a substitute at White Hart Lane in March, 2008? (1 point) Answer
7. Which Spurs striker scored the winning goal against West Ham in a Carling Cup game and was transferred to Upton Park a few months later? (1 point)
8. Which member of Tottenham’s 1980s FA Cup winning teams later played for West Ham? (1 point) Answer
9. West Ham visited White Hart Lane for the opening game of the 1970-71 season. The match ended in a 2 – 2 draw. Alan Gilzean scored Spurs goals but who, with Tottenham connections, scored the first goal for West Ham in his last competitive match at White Hart Lane? (1 point)
10. Which striker did Spurs sign from West Ham in the summer of 2003, scoring on his Premier League debut for Tottenham? (1 point) Answer
Some of the answers can be found at the links in the question and they will also be put in the first comment box after the quiz.
How did you get on?
Are you a Martin Peters or a Ilie Dumitrescu on Tottenham vs. West Ham?
10 – 15 points: Martin Peters
5 – 9: Les Ferdinand
1 – 4: Ilie Dumitrescu