Fear not – it is Friday. It came as a complete shock to me at 7.15am yesterday morning to realise that it was Thursday and that I didn’t hadn’t compiled the questions for the Thursday Tottenham quiz. So here it is, 24 hours later on a Friday – 10 questions on Tottenham in the early Rounds of the European competitions.Ten questions to test your knowledge of Tottenham’s record in the early rounds of European competitions – the European Cup, the Cup Winners’ Cup, the UEFA Cup, the Champions League and the Europa League. As always some of the answers can be found at the link to the question but all the answers will be in the comments box at the end of the article.
Thursday Tottenham Quiz – Spurs In Early Rounds Of European Competitions
1. UEFA Cup: Against which team did Graeme Souness make his only appearance for Tottenham? (1 point) Answer
2. Champions League: In the Champions League tie against Grasshopper in Zurich who had the assist for Roman Pavlyuchenko’s late goal as Spurs recovered from having been three down in the first half? (1 point)
3. ECWC: In the 1st leg match against Glasgow Rangers at White Hart Lane, which Scottish international scored twice for Spurs? (1 point)
4. UEFA Cup: What is Spurs’ record aggregate win in European competitions? (1 point) Answer
5. European Cup: In Tottenham’s first European game at White Hart Lane who scored a hat-trick against Gornik in the 8 – 1 win? (1 point) Answer
6. UEFA Cup: In September, 2006 Spurs returned to European competition for the first time in seven seasons. Who were their opponents in the UEFA Cup 1st Round? (1 point)
7. Europa League: In last season’s first Europa League game against Lazio at White Hart Lane which two Tottenham players had goals disallowed? (2 points) Answer
8. UEFA Cup: In 1972 how many goals did Martin Chivers score over the two games against Lyn Oslo? (1 point) Answer
9. Europa League: In the 1st leg tie against Hearts in Edinburgh which young Tottenham player scored his first and only goal for the club? (1 point)
10. ECWC/UEFA Cup/EL: Tottenham have played 4 clubs from Ireland (north and south) in the early rounds of European competitions. Can you name them? (4 points)
Some of the answers can be found at the links in the question and they will also be put in the first comment box after the quiz.
How did you get on?
Are you a Martin Chivers or a David Bentley on Tottenham’s European adventures?
9 – 14 points: Martin Chivers
5 – 8: Jermain Defoe
1 – 4: David Bentley