Ten questions to test your knowledge of some of Tottenham’s midfield players since the 1950s. As always some of the answers can be found at the link to the question but all the answers will be in the comments box at the end of the article
Today is Thursday so once again – welcome to the weekly Thursday Tottenham quiz. This week we have 10 questions on Tottenham midfield players. Test your knowledge of the Tottenham wing-half, inside forwards and wingers of the 1950s and 60s to the modern central defensive midfield players, attacking midfielders and wide players and even one playing behind the striker. The questions will cover midfield players in whatever position they occupied.
The Thursday Tottenham Quiz – Spurs Midfield Players
1. Name the two midfield players who scored the Tottenham goals in the FA Cup replay against Leeds United at White Hart Lane in 1999. (2 points) Answer
2. Who replaced the injured Dave Mackay for the ECWC Final against Atletico Madrid in May, 1963? (1 point) Answer
3. Against which team did Glenn Hoddle score his first goal for Spurs? (1 point)
4. Which midfield player won the penalty in the 1982 FA Cup Final replay? (1 point) Answer
5. From which club did Spurs sign Luka Modric in the summer of 2008? (1 point) Answer
6. Which young midfield player made his Spurs debut in a home game against Sunderland in 1969? (1 point)
7. Against which team did Rafael Van der Vaart score his first Spurs’ goal? (1 point) Answer
8. Paul Allen signed for Tottenham from West Ham United but which club did he join on leaving White Hart Lane? (1 point)
9. John White joined Spurs in 1959. From which Scottish club did Spurs sign him? (1 point) Answer
10. I read this in the Times last Monday. 10 midfield players have played for Fulham and Tottenham in the past 9 seasons. Can you name them? (10 points)
Some of the answers can be found at the links in the question but they will also be put in the first comment box after the quiz.
How did you get on?
Are you a Glenn Hoddle or a Rohan Ricketts on Tottenham midfield players?
15 – 20 points: Glenn Hoddle
9 – 14: Steve Perryman
5 – 8: Steffen Freund
1 – 4: Rohan Ricketts
Try Another Quiz
Last week’s Quiz: Tottenham Central Defenders – here
Tottenham Full Backs - here
Tottenham Goalkeepers – here
Tottenham Firsts - here
Tottenham – Summer Transfers – here