Twelve questions to test your knowledge of Tottenham’s ‘firsts’. Most of the answers can be found at the link to the question but as always all the answers will be in the comments box at the end of the article.
Tottenham Hotspur is renowned for ‘Firsts’ – the first club to win the Double in the 20th century, the first British club to win a European trophy and so it goes on. Today’s quiz is all about Tottenham ‘firsts’.
Tottenham Quiz – ‘Firsts‘
1. Who was the first player to score a goal for Tottenham at Wembley? (1 point) Answer
2. Who was the captain of the first Tottenham team to win the 1st Division title? (1 point) Answer
3. Spurs are the first and only non-League team to win the FA Cup since the formation of the Football League. They defeated Sheffield United in the Final but who did they beat in the semi-final? (1 point) Answer
4. Tottenham’s last European trophy was the UEFA Cup in 1984. They defeated Anderlecht on penalties. who took Spurs first penalty that evening? (1 point) Answer
5. Who was the first Tottenham player to cost more than £100,000? (1 point) Answer
6. Who started their first match for Spurs in the first Premier League game of last season? (1 point) Answer
7. Danny Blanchflower scored Spurs’ first penalty at Wembley. Who missed the first penalty in a Wembley final for Spurs? (1 point) Answer
8. Tottenham were the first team in north London. What year were they established? (1 point) Answer
9. Which season was the first and only time that Tottenham have gone through a season undefeated at home in the League and Cup? (1 point)
**[It was also the season they achieved only one away win]**
10. Who scored Tottenham’s first goal in 2013? (1 point) Answer
11. Tottenham didn’t have player sent off in the domestic competitions from 1928 until 1965 but who was sent off the the ECWC semi-final game in 1963? (1 point) Answer
Tottenham Hotspur didn't have a single player sent off in a Football League match between October 27th 1928 and December 4th 1965.
— Spurs Stat Man (@SpursStatMan) July 21, 2013
12. Four players who graduated through the Tottenham Academy made their first Premier League appearance for Spurs last season. Name them. (4 points) Answer
Most of the answers can be found at the links in the question but they will also be put in the first comment box after the quiz.
How did you get on?
Are you the Gareth Bale of all things Tottenham?
11 – 15 points: Gareth Bale
5 – 10: Jermain Defoe
1 – 4: Emmanuel Adebayor