As we await news of any developments on the transfer front, today’s Thursday Tottenham quiz focuses on transfer deals in summer’s past.Ten questions to test your knowledge of Tottenham’s signings in the hectic summer months. Some of the answers can be found at the links to the question but as always all of the answers will be in the comments box at the end of the article.
Tottenham Quiz – Summer Transfers
1. From which club did Spurs sign striker Chris Armstrong as replacement for Jurgen Klinsmann in the summer of 1995? (1 point)
2. The previous summer Spurs had signed Klinsmann from Monaco. Who was Tottenham manager at the time? (1 point) Answer
3. In the summer of 1971 Spurs signed which winger from Burnley? (1 point) Answer
4. Which striker did Spurs sign from Portsmouth in the summer of 2009? (1 point)
5. Which central defender did Tottenham sign in the summer of 1966 and from which club was he signed? (2 points) Answer
6. Which player was signed by Spurs during the summer of 1974 but didn’t start his first League game until the following January? (1 point) Answer
7. In what year did Teddy Sheringham return to White Hart Lane from Manchester United? (1 point)
8. The summer of 2004 was a very busy time for Spurs in the transfer window. Which central midfield player did they sign from Porto? (1 point)
9. From which club did Spurs sign Dimitar Berbatov in 2006? (1 point)
10. Newcastle United has been a great source of players for summer transfers to Tottenham. Name 6 summer signings from Newcastle since 1985. (6 points)
Some of the answers can be found at the links in the question but all of the answers will be put in the first comment box after the quiz.
How did you get on?
Are you a Paulinho of knowledge on Tottenham’s summer transfers?
12 – 16 points: Paulinho
8 – 11: Rafael Van der Vaart
4 – 7: Clint Dempsey
1 – 3: Paolo Tramezzani
Try A Previous Quiz:
Tottenham and London Rivalries: here
Tottenham Quotes: here